Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chicken Salad

2 cans white meat chicken
2 chopped celery stalks
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/8 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp onion powder
mayo (I just add until it's the consistency I want - and, yes, "When you bring out the Hellman's, you bring out the best!")
1/4 cup dried cranberries
handful of pecans, walnuts or both
ground pepper
tbsp chopped cilantro
dash of garlic salt

Shred chicken and add mayo, then add all other ingredients. Serve in a whole wheat pita pocket, on sliced bread, with crackers, or even atop a fresh spinach salad. Mmm! Mmm! Mmm!

2 comments:

  1. I'll take two, and I might share with Gramps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take tow slices of bolonga and place in hot pan.Meat must be at least 1/16 to 3/16 ins thick.Butter two all grain peices of bread.When bolonga is brown on both sides.Place bread butter down on hot pan.Place one peice of bolonga on bread,add cheese and place other peice of bolonga on cheese.Put last peice of bread butter facing up and flip.Cook till cheese is melted.BBQ is optional.Add your favorite chips on plate with sandwich and enjoy. Sweet tea is also wonderful with meal. Gramps

    ReplyDelete