Friday, December 4, 2009

Cookie Monster Cupcakes

I made these precious Cookie Monster cupcakes for my precious Cookie Monster's second birthday party.
I made Funfetti cupcakes, which is just yellow cake mix that has sprinkles in it that melt when baked to give a polka-dotted effect when you bite into it. I bought a container of buttercream icing and used LOTS of food blue coloring to get it the perfect shade of Cookie Monster blue.
I spread a thin, even layer over the top of each cupcake.
Then I dipped each one in a bowl full of blue sprinkles.

The eyes were white candy melts.
I bought a bunch of mini Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies and cut them in half to use for the mouth. I had to use a small paring knife to dig out a little of each cupcake in order to secure each cookie half.
I used black icing (chocolate icing with black food coloring) to make his infamous googly eyes.

I think they turned out swell and Hana even knew they were supposed to be Cookie Monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment