I literally cut, pasted and then edited this recipe to exactly what I did.
Calabacitas Sauce
1 lb. Jalapeno Linguine
1 (11 oz) can of summer sweet corn, no salt added
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, sliced
3 medium zucchini, diced
3 Poblanos - roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
Garlic Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. After all of your vegetables are prepped and ready to go, cook pasta in pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and transfer to heated pasta bowl.
2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini; sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Add corn and chiles, sauté until corn is cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Add broth, salt and pepper. If it needs more liquid, add a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water.
3. Serve sauce over pasta and top with grated cheddar cheese.
Serves 4-6
Next time I'll try it over rice!
No comments:
Post a Comment